PROPERTY TYPE AND LOCATION:

VICTORIAN SEMI-DETACHED PROPERTY – 5 Bedroom – 2 Bathrooms – 250sq.mt

Bayswater Terrace – Greystones Harbour – Greystones – Co Wicklow

CLIENT OBJECTIVE:

The general brief from the client was a request for a warm, cosy house and reduced heating utility bills.

PROBLEM:

Exorbitant annual heating cost using an old outdated inefficient LPG boiler. The Client was very interested in the Ice Stick Air to Water Heat Pump but did not want to put the product in his garden due to space constraints.

PREVIOUS HEATING SYSTEM:

LPG Boiler and Electric Immersion Tank.

SOLUTION:

The  Ice Stick Air Source Heat Pump was re-engineered and positioned lying flat on the roof and out of sight – Thus benefiting from lots of air movement and wind flow over the aluminium pipes. The Ice Stick is connected to an existing radiator network providing all the space heating throughout the building at a fraction of the cost of the previous heating system. This was the first roof application of the Ice Stick heat pump globally.

The Hotfoot technical team also installed a Hot Water Heat Pump to replace the existing inefficient immersion Tank to give hot water on demand for 24 hours a day utilising free energy from within the house. 75% of the heat energy comes from warm moist air within the household with the remaining 25% driven by electrical input.

Unique Roof Heat Pump

INNOVATION – A WORLDS FIRST

Hotfoot re-engineered a flat module version of the Ice Stick, similar in appearance to Solar Thermal Panels.

This innovative concept was mounted on the roof, out of view, making it the first of its kind, worldwide.

EFFICIENCY DETAILS:

Heating is on 24 hours a day set to a nice 19.5 degrees regulated by the Ice Stick. The Hot Water Heat Pump

gives an endless supply of Hot Water for the four occupants in this household.

INSTALLATION COST

The approximate cost was €16,500 for both the Ice Stick, Hot Water Heat Pump, fully installed.

MONTHLY RUNNING COST OF THE HEATING SYSTEM (April 2014)

Heat Pump Running Costs

PROJECT SUMMARY:

Home heating 24/7 and Hot Water on demand, warm cosy house throughout.

Success !

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *