SOLAR KIT INCLUDES:
- Kingspan FPW21 panels
- On Roof mounting kit
- FP connection kit
- Antifreeze 40L
- HIgh efficiency Pump Station
- Solar Controller SC400
- 18L Expansion Vessel kit
Flat plate solar panels are generally cheaper than evacuated tubes but produce about the same amount of energy on an annual basis – see some guide prices on installed flat plate solar panels here
Other advantages of flat plate solar panels are:
- Longevity – Flat plates tend to last a bit longer than tubes with design lives in excess of 30 years
- Aesthetics – Some prefer the looks of flat plate solar panels
- Lower stagnation temperature – flat plate solar panels do not reach the high temperatures that evacuated tubes reach. This can result in lower maintenance requirements.
Some things to consider:
- Seasonal production: Flat plate solar panels operate very well in the warmer months of the year (Apr – Oct) but don’t fare as well as tubes in the winter. This is fine for most systems but if winter yield is important then tubes may be the right choice.
- In roof or on roof: Flat plates can be mounted in -roof like a velux window or on – roof on brackets like evacuated tubes. We recommend mounting on-roof as this allows for easier and cheaper maintenance should it be needed in years to come.